In industrial applications, many systems communicate with each other. The data exchange must be very efficient. In the Internet of Things environment, JSON has prevailed. Alternative data formats such as CSV, XML or binary formats will remain for many application fields, but have little chance in new IoT and Industry 4.0 applications .
What is JSON?
- Compact and minimized syntax: low memory consumption and gentle resource utilization during processing
- Due to the intensive use, many best practice examples and usage patterns are available. For example, https://google.github.io/styleguide/jsoncstyleguide.xml
- Modern interfaces (REST APIs) use predominate JSON
- Libraries are available for most programming languages
- It is platform-independent and text-based
- The JSON data can be formally validated: http://json-schema.org
- JSON is a lightweight means of structured data exchange. IBM also called JSON as LinguaFranca’s Internet of Things and a base for industry 4.0!
JSON Support in SIWIAT
SIWIAT uses the JSON format intensively. For processing measurement data, the OUT app JSON provides all channels in JSON format. You can try it yourself with our free SIWIAT OUT app JSON
The app is preinstalled on every SIWIAT app box.